Checklist: Transcripts

In our application process, you must submit copies of your official transcripts for all college-level course work. To obtain these transcripts, contact the registrar's office at each of your schools. The checklist below enables you to track these responsibilities.



Transcripts required

Send to


November 1, 2017 (received by)

U.S. Transcripts: (from college coursework completed in the USA or as part of a formal Education Abroad Program)

Please do not send U.S. transcripts to UCSF.

Transcripts that must be sent to PharmCAS must be received by the November 1, 2017 deadline. Contact your schools to order these transcripts well in advance of November 1, 2017. This also applies to transcripts through the summer term.



November 1, 2017 (received by)

Non-U.S. Transcripts: (from college coursework completed outside the USA and not part of a formal Education Abroad Program)

You must submit official copies of transcripts from colleges and universities located outside the United States.

Our office must receive official, sealed copies of transcripts for all non-U.S. college-level course work directly from the issuing institution.

For additional details about document requirements from foreign institutions, see all of the following:


Students who are offered admission or a position on our waiting list: see Submit your official transcripts and AP scores.

Foreign course work as part of EAP

If you have taken course work outside of the United States which was part of a formal Education Abroad Program (EAP) offered through a United States institution, then that course work is included on your transcripts already; you do not need to request additional transcripts from the foreign institution.

Foreign course work not part of EAP

If you enrolled at an institution outside the United States and if this course work was not part of an Education Abroad Program, see Verifying Prerequisite Course Work From a Foreign College or University for instructions on what must be submitted to UCSF.

Outside evaluations

We accept outside evaluations of foreign course work. See Outside Evaluations.


If you're a reapplicant (or if you're not sure of your status), see Information for Reapplicants for special instructions concerning your transcripts.

Go to: Step 2: The Application