- About the Program
- Program Overview
- Facts and Figures
- Our Students
- Graduation Rate and Graduate Performance
- Honors and Awards
- Media Coverage
- Employer Opportunities to Connect
- Admissions Overview
- Policies and Disclosures
- Estimated Annual Cost of Attendance
- Application Process
- Application Process Overview
- Step 1: Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Step 2: The Application
- Step 2: The Application Overview
- Pharmacy College Application Service (PharmCAS) Application
- Application Processing Fee
- Checklist: Transcripts
- Keep Your Contact Info Current During the Admissions Process
- Step 3: Interview Process
- Step 4: After Applying
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Information Sessions
- UCSF Visits You
- Applying Without U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status
- Post-Baccalaureate Program
- Student Life
All your experiences in the UCSF PharmD program will be vital to your pharmacy career.
As a PharmD student, your career will take root in our rigorous, science-based curriculum and blossom in the one-of-a-kind environment of UCSF.
In your three years at the UCSF School of Pharmacy, you will have the opportunity to:
- Collaborate with peers in medicine, dentistry, nursing, physical therapy, and the discovery sciences
- Organize community health fairs, clinics, and service projects for underserved populations
- Lead in professional organizations for pharmacy practice, policy, advocacy, and research
- Explore the latest innovations in the health sciences and patient care at a world-leading university
- Get involved in any of UCSF's 100+ student organizations (including over a dozen pharmacy-student-specific organizations)
- Keep active through intramural sports and recreation programs, including basketball, hiking, and kayaking
Along the way, you will make friendships that position you for a rewarding lifetime of service to patients and health care.
Current students in the UCSF School of Pharmacy share their experiences in our PharmD degree program.
Valerie, Class of 2025
was inspired to pursue pharmacy after observing the difference that a pharmacist made for patients in an urgent care clinic.
Daisha, Class of 2024
has leaned on her master’s in education as a health equity intern, working with School faculty to improve how the PharmD curriculum addresses issues of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Jaime, Class of 2023
has enjoyed working on the puzzle of each patient case she’s encountered during practical experiences in the intensive care unit.
More about our students and alumni
As a UCSF PharmD student, you’ll thrive in the rich culture and intrigue of one of the world’s great urban centers. San Francisco’s famous dining scene, natural beauty, world-class museums, and diverse neighborhoods make this a location like no other.