- About Overview
- About the Students
- Facts and Figures About the School
- Graduation Rate and Graduate Performance
- Honors and Awards
- Media Coverage
- Employer Opportunities to Connect
- Admissions Overview
- Estimated Annual Cost of Attendance
- Application Process
- Application Process Overview
- Step 1: Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Step 2: The Application
- Step 2: The Application Overview
- Pharmacy College Application Service (PharmCAS) Application
- Supplemental Application
- Checklist: Transcripts
- Keep Your Contact Info Current During the Admissions Process
- Step 3: Interview Process
- Step 4: After Applying
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Information Sessions
- UCSF Visits You
- Applying Without U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status
- Post-Baccalaureate Program
- Student Life
- Contact Us
What you experience outside the PharmD curriculum can be as vital to your pharmacy career as your formal academic learning.
As a UCSF PharmD student, you’ll grow beyond the curriculum. You’ll collaborate across UCSF with peers in medicine, dentistry, nursing, physical therapy, and the PhD programs—an advantage of learning in a university focused exclusively on health. You’ll develop a strong sense of professionalism and public mindedness. You’ll build leadership skills and widen your range of experience within the rich diversity and excitement of San Francisco.You’ll join your classmates in:
- Organizing community health fairs, clinics, and service projects
You’ll have opportunities to help patients through student-organized events. The ability to work with San Francisco’s underserved populations is a driving force behind our students’ dedication to community service initiatives.
- Leading the way in pharmacy professional organizations
You can become deeply involved in issues that impact patients and the pharmacy profession in practice, policy, advocacy, and research.
- Exploring in the latest in health care and health sciences innovations
Check out the campus calendar for any week at UCSF—you’ll find lectures, seminars, and symposia on a variety of science and health-related topics. At UCSF, the opportunities for exposure to new ideas and developments are unmatched.
- Pursuing special interests through campus involvement
In UCSF’s 100+ student organizations, more than 15 of which are pharmacy student specific, you’ll find people with shared passions and interests studying across UCSF’s degree programs. A broad array of student organizations—including educational, social, cultural, artistic, recreational, political, and spiritual organizations—reflect the diversity of UCSF students.
- Keeping active through intramural sports and recreation programs
Whether it’s basketball, volleyball, hiking, swimming, yoga, kayaking, or more, UCSF encourages students to stay balanced.
- Taking advantage of San Francisco
As a UCSF PharmD student, you’ll thrive in the rich culture and intrigue of one of the world’s great urban centers. San Francisco’s famous dining scene, natural beauty, world-class museums, and diverse neighborhoods make this a location like no other.
These experiences provide a vibrant backdrop to your UCSF PharmD education.