- About the Students
- Facts and Figures About the School
- Graduation Rate and Graduate Performance
- Honors and Awards
- Media Coverage
- Employer Opportunities to Connect
- Admissions Policies
- Estimated Annual Cost of Attendance
- Application Process
- Admissions Step 1: Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Admissions Step 2: The Application
- Admissions Deadlines
- Pharmacy College Application Service (PharmCAS) Application
- Supplemental Application
- Checklist: Transcripts
- Keep Your Contact Info Current During the Admissions Process
- Admissions Step 3: Interview Process
- Admissions Step 4: After Applying
- Admissions Tips
- Admissions Frequently Asked Questions
- Preview Session
- UCSF Visits You
- Pharmacy Information Day
- About Applying Without U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status
- About Reapplying
- Student Life
- Contact Us
About Submitting Applicant Recommendations
How to submit letters of recommendation
- Use PharmCAS: Use the PharmCAS Electronic Letters of Recommendation (eLOR) service to submit the recommendations that are required for a complete application.
- Don't send to UCSF: Do not submit any recommendations to UCSF.
To access the PharmCAS eLOR service, and for instructions on how to submit these recommendations, log into your PharmCAS account and select References from the Checklist.
Number of recommendations required
- You must provide either 3 or 4 recommendations. If you submit fewer than 3 recommendations, your application will be considered incomplete and is subject to cancellation. If you submit more than 4 recommendations, additional ones will be discarded. We strongly suggest at least 1 recommendation be from a person who knows you through your college-level academic work.
- Reapplicants: You must provide at least 1 but no more than 4 new recommendations. If you fail to submit at least 1 new recommendation, your application will be considered incomplete and is subject to cancellation. If you submit more than 4 recommendations, additional ones will be discarded.
Deadline: November 1, 2017
All recommendations must be received by PharmCAS no later than the November 1, 2017 deadline. If any of your recommendations are late, your application will be considered incomplete and will be canceled. You are responsible for ensuring that your recommenders meet the application deadline.
Select your recommenders carefully. Each one should know you well enough to provide us with an assessment of your academic aptitude, communication skills, and potential for a professional career. We strongly suggest at least 1 recommendation be from a person who knows you through your college-level academic work. This is usually, but does not have to be, a professor. We will not accept letters from friends or family members.
About letter services
The PharmCAS eLOR service will accept letters from a letter service. See the PharmCAS application instructions for information on how these letters should be submitted.
About personal letters of recommendation
The PharmCAS eLOR service will accept personal letters of recommendation. See the PharmCAS application instructions for information on how your evaluator can submit a paper recommendation.
More on this topic in our admissions director's blog
Although not required reading, you'll find additional comments in Are Letters of Recommendation really THAT important?, a blog post by Admissions Director Joel W. Gonzales.
Go to: PharmCAS Application