- About Overview
- About the Students
- Facts and Figures About the School
- Graduation Rate and Graduate Performance
- Honors and Awards
- Media Coverage
- Employer Opportunities to Connect
- Admissions Overview
- Estimated Annual Cost of Attendance
- Application Process
- Application Process Overview
- Step 1: Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Step 2: The Application
- Step 2: The Application Overview
- Pharmacy College Application Service (PharmCAS) Application
- Application Processing Fee
- Checklist: Transcripts
- Keep Your Contact Info Current During the Admissions Process
- Step 3: Interview Process
- Step 4: After Applying
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Information Sessions
- UCSF Visits You
- Applying Without U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status
- Post-Baccalaureate Program
- Student Life
- Contact Us
Pharmacy College Application Service (PharmCAS) Application
Pharmacy College Application Service (PharmCAS) is a service that enables you to use one primary application to apply to multiple PharmD degree programs.
You must complete it online and submit it electronically:
- July 2018: The 2019 PharmCAS application opens for filing. You must visit the PharmCAS web site to establish an account and begin an application. This site provides detailed instructions for completing the PharmCAS portion of our application process.
- You do not need to complete the entire PharmCAS application in one session. Once you have created an account, you may return at your convenience any time through the November 1, 2018 deadline to work on your application.
- You are required to submit letters of recommendation through PharmCAS. For details, see About Submitting Applicant Recommendations. (Reapplicants: this is different than in previous years.)
- Carefully review the information provided on the PharmCAS School Page for UCSF. It is your responsibility to follow all instructions and meet all deadlines.
- Complete all sections of the PharmCAS application as instructed.
Deadline: You must electronically submit your PharmCAS application on or before 11:59 PM Eastern standard time on the night of November 1, 2018.
You are required to submit copies of your official transcripts (sometimes also known as "marks reports"). Some transcripts must be sent to PharmCAS, and some must be sent to UCSF. For details, see Checklist: Transcripts.
Submitting letters of recommendation
Do not confuse transcripts with applicant recommendations. All letters of recommendation are submitted electronically through PharmCAS -- do not deliver these to UCSF.
PharmCAS Application fee waiver
A limited number of PharmCAS fee waivers are expected to be available for eligible and financially disadvantaged applicants. Details: PharmCAS Fees.
Contact the PharmCAS support staff. Staff at the UCSF School of Pharmacy are unable to assist you with the PharmCAS web site.
Next step: Submit your UCSF Application Processing Fee
Go to: Step 2: The Application