- About the Program
- Program Overview
- Facts and Figures
- Our Students
- Graduation Rate and Graduate Performance
- Honors and Awards
- Media Coverage
- Employer Opportunities to Connect
- Admissions Overview
- Policies and Disclosures
- Financial Aid and Cost
- Application Process
- Application Process Overview
- Step 1: Minimum Eligibility Requirements
- Step 2: The Application
- Step 2: The Application Overview
- Pharmacy College Application Service (PharmCAS) Application
- Application Processing Fee
- Checklist: Transcripts
- Keep Your Contact Info Current During the Admissions Process
- Step 3: Interview Process
- Step 4: After Applying
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Information Sessions
- UCSF Visits You
- Applying Without U.S. Citizenship or Permanent Resident Status
- Post-Baccalaureate Program
- Student Life
Pharmacy College Application Service (PharmCAS) Application
Pharmacy College Application Service (PharmCAS) is a service that enables you to use one primary application to apply to multiple PharmD degree programs.
You must complete it online and submit it electronically:
- July 14, 2022: The PharmCAS application opens for filing. You must visit the PharmCAS web site to establish an account and begin an application. This site provides detailed instructions for completing the PharmCAS portion of our application process.
- You do not need to complete the entire PharmCAS application in one session. Once you have created an account, you may return at your convenience any time through the December 1, 2022 Final deadline to work on your application. We encourage applicants to consider our October 3 Priority deadline. For more information on our deadlines, visit our Admissions Director's blog.
- You are required to submit letters of recommendation through PharmCAS. For details, see About Submitting Applicant Recommendations. (Reapplicants: this is different than in previous years.)
- Carefully review the information provided on the PharmCAS School Page for UCSF. It is your responsibility to follow all instructions and meet all deadlines.
- Complete all sections of the PharmCAS application as instructed.
Deadline: You must electronically submit your PharmCAS application on or before 11:59 PM Pacific time on the night of December 1, 2022. (Please note, in addition to a December 1 Final deadline, we encourage applicants to consider our October 3 Priority deadline.)
You are required to submit copies of your official transcripts (sometimes also known as "marks reports"). Some transcripts must be sent to PharmCAS, and some must be sent to UCSF. For details, see Checklist: Transcripts.
Submitting letters of recommendation
Do not confuse transcripts with applicant recommendations. All letters of recommendation are submitted electronically through PharmCAS -- do not deliver these to UCSF.
PharmCAS application fee waiver
A limited number of PharmCAS fee waivers are expected to be available for eligible and financially disadvantaged applicants. Details: PharmCAS Fees and Fee Waivers.
Contact the PharmCAS support staff. Staff at the UCSF School of Pharmacy are unable to assist you with the PharmCAS web site.
Next step: Submit your UCSF Application Processing Fee
Go to: Step 2: The Application